Assistant Building Manager Artist Lofts (Part-time)
Compensation: $20 / hr.
Position Start Date: July 5, 2021 (flexible)
Position Available: 3 days (approximately 24 hrs.) per week: = 1 day crossover and 2 days relief coverage for Residential Building Manager.
Aragon Development Corp. seeks a motivated and reliable individual to provide weekend building management relief coverage at the live/work artists’ lofts The Artiste residential building in Vancouver. The successful applicant will report directly to the onsite Building Manager and assist them in managing operations and ensuring continuity while they are away from the building. This position would suit someone with a strong background in administration who enjoys working with people. You do not need to have building manager experience to apply.
- Weekend work required
- 3 consecutive days = (Thu-Sat) or (Fri-Sun) or potentially another arrangement but must include weekends (i.e., T, F-Sa)
- 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Grade 12
- Work is performed in an office environment and throughout the residential building on-site at 2050 Scotia Street, Vancouver
- Regular on-site team is three people, plus numerous trades, custodian staff and interacting with Artiste residents
- Solid administration / Microsoft proficient / processing and filing documents
- Excellent communication / problem solving / great with people
- Ability to work well unsupervised and on a team
- Ability to determine priorities and multi-task in a high-paced environment
- Strong time management skills / positive attitude / team player
- Not afraid to muck in and get hands dirty / ‘can-do’ attitude / some garbage work required
- Experience in office administration, building or property management or an acceptable combination of training and other relevant experience
- Experience assisting to manage buildings, coordinating trades, balancing numerous projects and priorities at once, advanced document control and filing
Duties of the Position:
- Create and file documentation related to leasing and tenancies
- Respond to tenant enquiries and issues via e-mail
- Meet tenants in office for payments, to process forms, collect information etc.
- Program the enterphone and fobs
- Assist with move-in / move-out inspections
- Keep logs of activities and schedule services as required
- Assist the Building Manager is moving large items (with dollies)
- Respond to emergencies in the building while on-duty
- Occasional tidying around the building / refuse collection areas
What we offer:
- A warm and friendly working environment
- Full, supported training
- Potential to rent on-site in one of our Artiste lofts
Please ensure you submit a Covering Letter along with your Resume. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Questions about the position can be answered by calling the onsite residential office at 1-604-708-4232.
Thank you to all who apply.